The TKPM Food Production Park was officially opned by the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi in 2009 to address the nation's food security. The Fruit Hub collects, processes, packages and sells fresh fruits and their processed products as ingredients to trade buyers as well as accept OEM processing for labelled products for domestic and overseas clients.
The Collection Processing & Packaging Centre (CPPC)
Situated on a 12.5hectare site, built at a cost of RM17million, the 50,000 sq ft state-of-the art CPPC has a mission to serve fruit growers at TKPM. The CPPC will provide post-harvest services to growers in the TKPM, covering 3,500 hectare of Orchard land as well as support growers within a 50 km radius from Lanchang, covering the surrounding regions of Raub, Sg Ruan, Mentakab, Maran, Temerloh, Bentong and Bukit Tinggi, the largest fruit orchard region in the state of Pahang and Malaysia. The CPPC is the largest and most sophisticated in the region designed for full GMP, HACCP, HALAL, MESTI certification and other compliance standards for exporting countries such as Singapore Japan, EU, US, UK and the Middle East. The plant is now being re-activated and preparation is made for global compliance standards.
Increasingly Consumers worldwide are choosing a healthier plant-based diet and natural or earthy flavours. Tropical fruits form one of the best choices for a healthier lifestyle. The consumption of fruits and juices are on the rise; and Malaysia is one of those few countries on the Equator that enjoys strong sunshine and abundant rainfall that help produce some of the most fragrant and natural sweet fruits; The CPPC is positioned to help farmers capitalized on our country's natural comparative advantage to produce tropical fruits of the highest quality. From farm to table,
7 Values Guiding Our Operation:
- Food Safety First, we aim to produce healthy wholesome food
- Top Quality to give value for money
- Service through providing products at affordable prices
- Service to local farmers; ensuring farmers’ well being to achieve sustainable food production
- Zero waste – we strive not to waste nature’s gift to us; we find solution to every bit of the harvest
- Win-win – Customer, staff, management, shareholders –we strive for an all win relationship.
- Inovative - value add natural harvest and make it a valuable and innovative product to the market.